This screenshot shows a Bible Version window of HolyBible displaying
the text of the New International Version. You can open several windows
at the same time, on the same Bible version or on different versions.
Windows can be linked so that they track the same verse in parallel.
Some points to note:
- The footnote bar at the bottom of the window is upated
automatically as you move through the text. At any time, it
shows the footnotes which apply to the currently active verse
(the one which has a grey background).
- You can change the window width at any time and the text
is reformatted automatically. You can also change the fonts
used, the font size and aspect, the line spacing and the colours.
- The window contains the whole Bible, i.e. using the scroll bar
you can scroll from Genesis to Revelation. Nevertheless, opening such
a window takes only a few kilobytes of memory. Due to intelligent
caching techniques, disc activity while browsing through the
text is only minimal. So, you can use HolyBible conveniently over
- Using the Info Bar you can jump to any verse quickly.
- The tools in the Toolbox, from top to bottom:
- Book tool: Click on it to choose a book from the book menu.
- Version tool: Click on it to choose a Bible version from the menu
- Style tool: Change display style.
- Search tool: Opens the Search window with sophisticated search options.
- Notes tool: Edit/display notes for currently active verse
- XREF tool: Drag a reference to the currently active verse to other
places within HolyBible to insert/display/look up the reference there.
Some external applications, e.g. the Resource Builder utility can accept XREFs, too.
- Resources tool: Displays a menu of installed resources databases.
- Resources search tool: Opens the Resources Search window.
Back to the main HolyBible page.
Back to the ExpLAN home page.
For further information contact
For comments on this site contact
Last modified: 06-Sep-2000